All You Need To Know!
1. Must be attending a high school in the state of Wyoming, or be a high school homeschooler participating through the Homeschool Organization of Wyoming (HOW), or an active member of a Boys & Girls Club in the state of Wyoming. Students can only participate in one local contest per year.
2. All participants must have a teacher/sponsor to guide them through the writing process. If you do not have one, please contact the Contest Coordinator.
3. The essay must be titled, between 300 and 2,000 words long, typewritten, double spaced, and focus on one of the ten Cowboy Ethics.
4. Sponsoring teachers must submit essays online by February 28, 2022.
5. Teacher/sponsors must submit the local first place winner’s photograph along with their winning essay in order to be honored. This photograph will be published in the American Dream Essay Contest booklet.
6. In order to receive state awards, 1st place winners MUST ATTEND the Awards Luncheon on April 10, 2022 in person or virtually. If the winner is not in attendance, the prize will go to the next highest placing winner.
7. Students may win only one finalist prize per contest year.
8. A local judging conducted by each school must be held to determine the top three essays. The BGCCW committee will then judge the local first-place essays from each high school to select the state winners.
9. State winners may not use their essays in other contests.
10. Once entered, all essays become the possession of the American Dream Essay Contest, and therefore can be distributed partially or in its entirety to media outlets as the committee deems appropriate.
11. Award ceremony will be held April 10, 2022 in Casper, Wyoming.