1. Must be attending high school in the state of Wyoming, or a high school homeschooler participating through the Homeschool Organization of Wyoming (HOW), or through a participating Boys & Girls Clubs in the state of Wyoming.
2. All participants must have a teacher sponsor/educator to guide them through the writing process. If you wish to participate, but do not have a teacher sponsor, please contact contest coordinator, Cece Tolin at 307.235.4079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. All winners will be announced at the Awards Luncheon on April 10, 2022 in Casper, Wyoming.
1. Essays must be original and inspired by the writing prompt.
2. Essays must be titled and between 300-2,000 words in length.
3. Essays must be typed and double-spaced.
4. Local first place winners must submit a photograph of themselves along with their winning essay in order to be honored at the Awards Banquet. The photo will be published in The American Dream Essay Contest booklet.
Prizes are substantial for this contest, and each participating high school is guaranteed at least 3 winners at the local level for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
Local High School Winners:
State High School Winners:
Honorable Mention $1,000
Honorable Mention $1,000
● All prize money will be distributed via EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) to the bank of your choice.
A completed Electronic Credit Application and W-9 must be submitted for prize money to be
transferred. Forms included and may also be submitted via Google Forms.
The Awards Luncheon will be held April 10, 2022 at the Ramkota Hotel in Casper.
● Additionally, each Local High School 1st Place Winner will receive one free night stay at the
Ramkota Hotel and Conference Center in Casper, Wyoming, for the Saturday evening before the
● All RSVPs for the Awards Luncheon and room reservations are due by April 1, 2022. Rooms must
be canceled within 48 hours of the event or guests will be charged full amount.
As you reflect on your life so far, describe how one of the “Ten Principles to Live By,” or your own personal ethical belief, has been a driving or guiding force in your life. Whether a part of your internal guidance from within, the decisions you make every day, or how they inspire the decisions you make for the benefit of your future, define ‘what it means to me’ in 300-2,000 words.
Essays will be judged primarily on content (Is the essay based on the Principles above? Does the essay show a respect for life and people? Would most people agree that this is an important law of life?) Presentation is also considered (compelling, flow, and clarity). Grammar, usage and conventions will also be considered but should not weigh heavily on how they rank.